has to deal with problems from time to time. Taking the first step
to find support for yourself or a family member can be difficult.
Where do I go? Who can I talk to?
The Counseling Center is a community-based non-profit corporation. We offer counseling and
support for children, adults, and families who need a little help
building life skills or coping with a difficult personal situation.
The Counseling Center's goal is to help individuals
and families build the life skills needed to successfully deal
with the wide range of issues that people typically encounter in
the course of life. Common issues that the Counseling Center helps
people with include:
- Providing guidance and support for all kinds
of family issues including divorce, aging, and at-risk teens
- Counseling individuals through periods of personal
stress and addressing mental health concerns
- Helping individuals and family members deal
with abuse and addiction to alcohol, drugs, food, or gambling
- Reaching out to elders isolated in their homes
- Resolving conflict through mediation